Friday, February 26, 2010

Weigh-in and shopping

Friday is my weigh-in day. Every savvy dieter knows to weigh in on Friday so you can enjoy the weekend if you know what I mean, wink wink. Weekends are notorious for being high risk eating days. Weighing in on Monday mornings could act as a motivation to not overindulge, however for now, Fridays feel safer, less stressful. Today is the first official weigh-in since I started the blog this week so drumroll please......I lost one pound in four days! I'll take it. I like picturing that a pound of butter just melted off my hips.

My grocery budget is limited right now but I went grocery shopping today and got all the healthy foods my nutritionist suggested, greens, beans, brown rice, fresh veggies, polenta, chicken, eggs, garlic, nuts and frozen fruits and veggies. I won't bore you with what I eat everyday but wanted to share the healthy food grocery list...ingredients for delicious, satisfying meals. I feel lighter already just buying those foods. Actually, the woman (mother of my daughter's friend) bagging our groceries at the store commented, "Wow you guys eat healthy." Smiling, I said, "We try." A conversation sparked about how costly it is to eat healthy and the cashier said if healthy foods cost less than potato chips and soda, a lot more people would eat healthier. So True!

My daughter went shopping with me and even her choices of snacks were relatively healthy. She picked out hummus, pickles, cheez-its, deli chicken and cheese. We also bought Edys ice cream with half the fat and it was on sale 2 for 1 so I will admit that I bought sugarfree moosetracks. Ice cream is my downfall but it's only 110 calories, 16 grams of carbs and 3 grams of protein!! Hey it was a free half gallon and I could have bought the Thin Mints ice cream instead but I didn't!!

One pound down and 99 to go!

How do you budget for groceries? Any special tips or stores with great sales?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment