Monday, February 22, 2010

This is the year-it has to be the year!

I turned 49 yesterday, 2/22/10. And I'm 234 pounds. Still. More than 100 pounds overweight. Happy Birthday to me!!


By blogging about this, and sharing it with you, I can't hide. This is my truth. Fat, broke and lonely. Not saying that for sympathy by any means. Just putting it out there and out of my head. Somehow they're all connected and by blogging maybe I'll discover what that unifying little sucker is.


100 pounds by 50 is doable in a year. Geez, they lose 100 pounds in 8 weeks on the Biggest Loser. But unfortunately I'm not on the Biggest Loser and I haven't figured out a way to make a living by losing weight. I would love to make losing weight and getting fit, healthy and happy my full-time job. Anyone hiring?


Honestly, though, my blood sugar jumps higher than my cat does when there's a steak on the stove and my blood pressure screams louder than my daughter's new speakers. No joke. I'm looking forward to 50 and starting my second life as a single woman, not just the single mom of three children, who can do whatever she wants whenever she wants. Is that a reason to get my act and my health together or what? In 2011 I'm gonna party like it's 1983!!


So why do I continue to abuse my body with food? Why am I playing Bejeweled Blitz or eating ice cream or cookies while watching the Biggest Loser? I've been on more diets than Oprah so I know how to do it so why aren't I? What is the block to my skinny self?


Oh, and by the way, I will consider having my stomach made into the size of a walnut shell if I don't lose 50 pounds in six months. That way I will be sure to lose the 100 by 50.


Would love feedback, advice, your own weight story, or a simple hello, get off your ass, comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment