Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekly weigh-in

It looks like it's been awhile since I've posted, actually I wrote the other day but I deleted it because it was whiny. Anyway, this week has been a bit more challenging because I haven't been feeling at my optimal best. I'm at that lovely peri-menopause age/stage and the effects are manifesting in my mind and body. Heart palpitations, headaches, anxiety and my favorite, bloating. Plus it's PMS time. UGH. I guess you could call this whining too but actually it's more of a disclaimer...or...okay...an excuse. All right, I'll get to it. I gained (boo hoo) two pounds. This is why I always give up. I get on a roll and then PMS comes around and makes me eat chocolate (yes the PMS twists my arms) and bloat and gain weight! 

This time will be different though because I have my blog and you. My positive, rational brain tells me this is temporary water weight and no reason to give up. Keep on eating healthy foods and drink lots of water to wash out the bloat (even though to me it seems like it would make me bloat more). This is not a diet. I am going to eat as healthy as I can most of the time to be a healthier and hopefully, a fitter, thinner person. 

What do you do when PMS twists your arms and makes you eat pizza, chips or chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment