Saturday, March 6, 2010

Five Down

Did you think I forgot to weigh-in on Friday? I did get on the scale but never got a chance to post!! So here is the good news...I lost 4 pounds!!! Happy dance!! Happy dance!!! When the scale shows a loss it is so motivating, exciting and freaking awesome!! For me it makes me want to eat right and exercise even more. Unfortunately though, the feeling fades and I fall into the ice cream and pizza pit. But so far not yet. Yeah, it's only been one day but that's how I've got to do this, one day at a time, like they do in the twelve steps for AA. Food is my addiction. 


Went and bought some healthy foods today, especially snacks since that's been my biggest hurdle so far. One of my blog's readers recommended to me that I get some 90 calorie granola bars and Weight Watchers ice cream. (Thank you C!!) Target had some great 100-calorie snack pack of mixed nuts and some raspberry chocolate granola bars. Plus some Weight Watchers chocolate ice cream bars. 

Tonight, my daughter and her friend made spaghetti and sauce. I made a spaghetti squash that was delicious and so light. I avoid pasta and other white flour foods because I may have a gluten sensitivity. Sometimes I eat it but then I break out in a rash. Thank God it goes away quickly though... most of the time. A lot of women as they enter their 40s and 50s experience some form of gluten and dairy sensitivities so take note if you notice skin rashes, bloating or fatigue after eating.

Five pounds down since I started this blog. I like having to report to someone-or some place. Even if only a few people read this, it helps me to share and I hope it helps someone else. 


Five pounds-95 to go!! 


What keeps you motivated?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dottie, Congrats on the 5 pounds - thats AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete