Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Soul Snacks

Okay last night I gave in to a cookie. Well, Two cookies. And you know the damnedest thing? I didn't even enjoy them!! So this morning I woke up feeling gross, guilty and...motivated. Since I slept in a little late,  I got up rearing to go, put on my sweats and ran to the treadmill and walked for 20 minutes, biked for 10 and did weight training and floor exercises for another 20!! If I had all day I would exercise more. I do like it. I really do!!

Had to work again tonight and realized that I do like something to snack on when I get home. A cup of tea doesn't cut it. Usually I'm looking for something sweet, a comfort food like cookies or cake or ice cream. What are good substitutes for those? I know it's best not to eat after 8 p.m. and will work towards that goal but after work, tired, yet, an insomniac, food feeds my heart, soul and tummy and eases me into a comfortable space.

I would love to know what your favorite night time snacks are that feed your soul and tummy but without a lot of calories.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dottie!!
    I do love reading your blog. I think a lot of us are in the same boat, getting motivated to eat right and exercise is easier said than done!! How about some sort of 90 calorie granola snack or WW ice cream sandwich for a night time snack??

    ReplyDelete